[SOLVED] How to remove a cracked game from the PC?

Muchacho45

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Hi

I downloded a game, a reloaded crack game.

It installed itself on virtual BD-ROM driver and it isn't working. long story short I want to remove it from the pc.

But it doesn't give me the option because it's already open on the "drive". As if were talking about a physical drive with a disk in it.

Any suggestions..

Solution
I hope you also have your computer completely offline...
If infections these days are just far too persistent and too capable of hiding their processes even from programs specifically intended to find hidden processes,then that means that while you are online anybody can inject all the viruses of the world onto your computer since no software can detect them,right?!

The point is it shouldn't happened in the first place if you're complete with antivirus and antimalware softwares. For me I really recommend Malwarebytes as it really is an effective malware blocker continuesly monitoring background processes and stops anything suspicious before it executes.

I like downloading stuff from torrent sites and alikes but I never had any...
If you installed a "cracked" game, then your system is compromised. Most cracked software and "warez" come with nice little surprises added to them at no additional cost, chiefly malware and trojans.

I wouldn't trust that Windows installation ever again and would recommend that you do a clean install. Especially since it won't allow itself to be uninstalled.

Sure, you can do that, but I still wouldn't trust it. Infections these days are just far too persistent and too capable of hiding their processes even from programs specifically intended to find hidden processes, to be sure. But, to each their own. I prefer knowing that there is NO way anything could be on there, so if there's even a HINT of a chance, then I would scan as you say with multiple products, back up anything important, scan it again on the destination drive, and clean install Windows to be sure. It's the ONLY way, to be SURE.

Sure, you can do that, but I still wouldn't trust it. Infections these days are just far too persistent and too capable of hiding their processes even from programs specifically intended to find hidden processes, to be sure. But, to each their own. I prefer knowing that there is NO way anything could be on there, so if there's even a HINT of a chance, then I would scan as you say with multiple products, back up anything important, scan it again on the destination drive, and clean install Windows to be sure. It's the ONLY way, to be SURE.
If infections these days are just far too persistent and too capable of hiding their processes even from programs specifically intended to find hidden processes,then that means that while you are online anybody can inject all the viruses of the world onto your computer since no software can detect them,right?!

Given the RIGHT kind of infection, that wouldn't be too far from the truth, but an infection like that needs to be ON your system already. Obviously, if you INSTALL the infection, via cracked game or application, it's not the same as somebody trying to attack a system vulnerability from an online source. THAT, can generally be protected against. Installing something intentionally, and THEN trying to get rid of it once it already has access to your full system, are two entirely different things AND your blatant injection of snark, or attempt at it anyhow, isn't helpful to anybody, and is noted, for future reference. ;)

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019

Ah yea, worst case scenario right here. True that. Especially when you don't protect yourself in the first place before downloading torrents. Running AV really is pointless if it's a persistent deep penetrating virus.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019

The point is it shouldn't happened in the first place if you're complete with antivirus and antimalware softwares. For me I really recommend Malwarebytes as it really is an effective malware blocker continuesly monitoring background processes and stops anything suspicious before it executes.

I like downloading stuff from torrent sites and alikes but I never had any issue with viruses. In fact my PC is cleaner than those IT professional's machines out there. With the right precautionary tactics and a good anti malware like malwarebytes, nobody can get infected in the first place unless it's a "zero day exploit" or your PC is as old as fudge receiving no updates at all to patch those vulnerabilities..

He likes downloading crack stuff you can't force him not to even if it's a bad practice. Being careless is just the problem in here.

Formatting your PC will be the best. I'm aware that there are malwares hiding even formatted so you can also consider buying a new machine, i know it's ridiculous.

TIP: If you can't uninstall it, you can try softwares like revo uninstaller to force anything that can't be uninstalled. The next step is scan your system overall and look for signs of infection. But you can just format it if your machine has no important files like work documents and anything valueable. I really hate people saying "format" when virus issue arise. It's not always the case .

Last edited:
Solution

Muchacho45

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Given the RIGHT kind of infection, that wouldn't be too far from the truth, but an infection like that needs to be ON your system already. Obviously, if you INSTALL the infection, via cracked game or application, it's not the same as somebody trying to attack a system vulnerability from an online source. THAT, can generally be protected against. Installing something intentionally, and THEN trying to get rid of it once it already has access to your full system, are two entirely different things AND your blatant injection of snark, or attempt at it anyhow, isn't helpful to anybody, and is noted, for future reference. ;)

I like downloading stuff from torrent sites and alikes but I never had any issue with viruses. In fact my PC is cleaner than those IT professional's machines out there. With the right precautionary tactics and a good anti malware like malwarebytes, nobody can get infected in the first place unless it's a "zero day exploit" or your PC is as old as fudge receiving no updates at all to patch those vulnerabilities..

He likes downloading crack stuff you can't force him not to even if it's a bad practice. Being careless is just the problem in here.

Formatting your PC will be the best. I'm aware that there are malwares hiding even formatted so you can also consider buying a new machine, i know it's ridiculous.

TIP: If you can't uninstall it, you can try softwares like revo uninstaller to force anything that can't be uninstalled. The next step is scan your system overall and look for signs of infection. But you can just format it if your machine has no important files like work documents and anything valueable. I really hate people saying "format" when virus issue arise. It's not always the case .

At first I ejected the iso file from the drive and deleted it afterwards. When I came to delete the folder I couldn't do so because 'it was still in use'. I then traced the folder back to it's origin where all the files are (It was installed on a different drive) and all the files were there including the unistall. I un-installed it and everything went fine. Slipped my mind it was on another drive. I understand what you guys are saying but RELOADED group is pretty reliable. I any how for most of the games just download repacks. Much better. Thanks

Last edited:

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
At first I ejected the iso file from the drive and deleted it afterwards. When I came to delete the folder I couldn't do so because 'it was still in use'. I then traced the folder back to it's origin where all the files are (It was installed on a different drive) and all the files were there including the unistall. I un-installed it and everything went fine. Slipped my mind it was on another drive. I understand what you guys are saying but RELOADED group is pretty reliable. I any how for most of the games just downloaded repacks. Much better. Thanks

Oh, ok. I see. So there's a confusion about the details. Good job.