Question How to remove new black bar around each of my monitors ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are all screens running standard resolutions?
tried updating gpu drivers?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

All it does is stops non Microsoft programs from loading at start up, it doesn't remove anything

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

My screen has a black border running right around it but as I don't have 2 monitors its difficult to tell where bezel is and black line is instead, guess its noticeable at the top
zrpIeMc.jpg

breezett93

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2014
Are all screens running standard resolutions?
tried updating gpu drivers?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

All it does is stops non Microsoft programs from loading at start up, it doesn't remove anything

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

My screen has a black border running right around it but as I don't have 2 monitors its difficult to tell where bezel is and black line is instead, guess its noticeable at the top
zrpIeMc.jpg

So I have four monitors. Three of them are Acer K272HUL, and the fourth is a Dell S2409W. The Acers are 2K, and the Dell is 1080. The three Acers are connected with DisplayPort. The Dell also does have the black border, but it is significantly smaller, less than a 1/16th" wide. This setup has been working for over two years now.

I have updated my Nvidia drivers. No change
I have done the clean boot (disabled all non-Microsoft services). No change

Your border looks very similar to mine, but the picture used to go all the way to the bezel which is one of the reasons why I picked the Acers.

Last edited: