[SOLVED] How to remove "pushwelcome.com" malware ad popper

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
I was following a Gothic I remaster tutorial when I accidently hit the trick download button instead of the file I wanted and now this thing is popping up like crazy. For example right now it's showing a square that covers the "Show Hidden Icons" popup in the bottom right. It's currently a Norton ad and below that "Microsoft Edge - pushwelcome.com" then Open / Close. Hitting either opens up a new browser tab.

- It is not listed in the Add remove Programs section of Windows 10

- I'm using the updated Edge, not the standard one that comes with windows 10. I have looked in apps and extensions and dont see it in there.

- Malwarebytes didn't find it.

- In processes, shutting down "Data Sharing" got rid of it but then I couldn't browse the net after that.

Any advice appreciated please. Thanks.

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Hey Wolf,

Yes I did come across that and none of those things worked. I even downloaded Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes and neither of those two got rid of it. :(

Thank you though I am getting frantic now. It's been probably a decade since I had a virus so bad I had to backup and format.

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Sorry I forgot to get back to you. Thanks for your help, though out of 5 virus killers including mcafee, none of them could find it and get rid of it.

I just backed up my stuff, formatted and reinstalled windows. Thanks for the help anyway though!