[SOLVED] How to remove the "Activate Windows" watermark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2020
Hey guys, I have a really hard time getting rid of the "Activate Windows" watermark. I've even bought a product key to input but it says that it won't work with this copy of Windows. I've used the regedit method by changing the value data and I've used Command Prompt commands but have only temporarily removed it. I've also used the universal watermark remover that had no affect on the watermark. I don't think I need to do a fresh install of Windows 10, because that wouldn't activate windows. Also this is on a refurbished MSI laptop from 2016 bought from Ebay so this version of Windows might be outdated or something. I need help removing the watermark from being over everything I work on or play, it's very annoying and ugly to look at. If anybody has any suggestions, I'm willing to go through the process step by step with them.

Reactions: Xenos Digital Store
Solution
Buy a legitimate key for the version of Windows that you have installed. You said you bought a key, but what type of key? And for how much? These $10 fake keys aren't going to work (for very long, if at all). And did you buy a matching key to the version you installed? A Win 10 Home key will not activate Windows 10 Pro. Maybe you do need to do a full reinstall with the proper version of Windows that matches the key you bought.

Also there will be no discussion of ways to bypass or remove the watermark on here by using utilities or hacks.

gardenman

Splendid
Buy a legitimate key for the version of Windows that you have installed. You said you bought a key, but what type of key? And for how much? These $10 fake keys aren't going to work (for very long, if at all). And did you buy a matching key to the version you installed? A Win 10 Home key will not activate Windows 10 Pro. Maybe you do need to do a full reinstall with the proper version of Windows that matches the key you bought.

Also there will be no discussion of ways to bypass or remove the watermark on here by using utilities or hacks.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.