[SOLVED] How to remove this registry fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps2cho

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
There is an ongoing sleep issue with the Asus G14 and I found a post somewhere that said to run this registry fix.
Well its even worse now - Sleep and Hiberate have vanished entirely. I want reverse what it did, but I am not sure how. Anybody able to tell me how to fix this?

Here is the reg code I ran:
reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0/

Solution
There is an ongoing sleep issue with the Asus G14 and I found a post somewhere that said to run this registry fix.
Well its even worse now - Sleep and Hiberate have vanished entirely. I want reverse what it did, but I am not sure how. Anybody able to tell me how to fix this?

Hope you have a system restore point?

Go to the last restore point your system created and this will undo any changes you made to the registry for apps, drivers, and system updates since that point in time. This includes the tweaks that such actions make to the registry, allowing you to reset some parts of the registry that you've recently modified.

Right-click on the Start button, then select Control Panel > System...

Go to the last restore point your system created and this will undo any changes you made to the registry for apps, drivers, and system updates since that point in time. This includes the tweaks that such actions make to the registry, allowing you to reset some parts of the registry that you've recently modified.

Right-click on the Start button, then select Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore. Here you can choose a previous restore point in time.

Always backup your registry prior to making changes.

Solution

ps2cho

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008

Right-click on the Start button, then select Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore. Here you can choose a previous restore point in time.

Always backup your registry prior to making changes.

Thanks - guess this is a one-time mistake. I'll just have to reformat then since I dont see the factory asus windows install enabled any restore points.

Nothing wrong with removing a factory windows install to get rid of any hidden bloatware I guess.

gardenman

Splendid
I looked and the key is not there by default in either of my Windows install. So basically, the code adds a new key (which can be deleted).

Edit: Backup your registry before doing any of the below. Instructions can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-855140ad-e318-2a13-2829-d428a2ab0692

That code has an error in it, which prevents it from running. The slash on the end of the code causes and error. If you ran that exact code, then it did nothing.

However, if you ran the code without the slash on the end, then the code simply adds the registry key.

Open regedit and at top paste in the following:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
and press Enter.

Delete the PlatformAoAcOverride key on the right.

Reboot.

fgai1nE.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.