Question how to remove toolkit.telemetry.cachedClientID on FireFox

Nov 29, 2023
Hi there guys
is there any way i can remove that stupid ID from firefox
when i go to About:config and remove the ID after like 2min i will get the same ID
same thing with browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.impressionId when i remove the ID and restart my firefox i get new ID
if anyone can help i will be grateful

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023

This implies you can't delete it but you can install without one if you follow the info here.
i alr install Dir 125.0.3/ at FTP and still get the ID on toolkit.telemetry.cachedClientID and browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.impressionId. and i did install Dir 99.0/ too i still get the IDs (using Revo Uninstaller Pro)
sorry for my bad en

Nov 29, 2023
so it is already a new id. what is the issue?
sorry i didnt get what u r saying my en not that good
anyways the issue that i cant remove the the IDs from toolkit.telemetry.cachedClientID and browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.impressionId when i go to About:config and Clear the value for both they will back again
for toolkit.telemetry.cachedClientID the id reset after 2-6min
for browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.impressionId the id will reset with new one

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
not 100% sure there. from what i am reading, this is internal for mozilla to track installs vs downloads.

they don't place ads and are fairly privacy oriented, so it is unlikely they are using it for those purposes. that's pretty much all the info i can find on the topic. FF is open source which means anyone can look at the code. if there was more to the id, i'm sure someone would have made it public by now.

Reactions: 131rg45w412