Not open for further replies.

johnnyg3000

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

DID NOT WORK??

johnnyg3000

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
1. Plunge this drive or memory card to a computer. (Of course, you should use a card Reader to connect your memory card.)
2. Click “Start” on the taskbar to open “Run” and type in “regedit”.
3. Hit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” to expand “System”.
4. Find “Current Control Set” in “System” list to click “Control”.
5. Check whether there is a key named “Storage Device Policies” to change the digit in the “DWORD value” box into "0" and press “OK”.
But, if you cannot find the key named “Storage Device Policies”, you are supposed to create a one: right click “Control” to create a new key and name it as “Storage Device Policies”=> right click this new key to open “DWORD Value” and name it as “write protect”=> Double click it to change number

DID THIS - WHAT NUMBER SHOULD I ENTER FOR DWORD VALUE? ITS ALREADY ON 0

PAULMC73

Honorable
May 8, 2013

After doing this, get yourself a different USB adapter/card reader. Put the micro sd into it. Reinsert into your PC. Open Start > Computer. Right click on your device. Click "Format" and hey presto! I hope this works. it did for me.

Nandan Raghothama

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Hi Roxysaures101!

I tried the above.. and its still not working :( can you please suggest anything else?

Eddy Ooi

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
Hi,

It works for me. Mine is Kingston 32GB.

I have done it step by step according to the guide.

I also did check disk on my micro sd card and the system detected some errors and fixed it.

Finally, my micro sd card back to its normal function again :)
Hopefully it helps.

ohfekjr

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

i had the same problem so i tried this and it didnt work but then i realised my microSD adapter had a little switch on it that locks it, i just flicked the witch to unlock it and it worked fine

Jul 25, 2013

majesca

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
I found much quicker and better solution which worked on How to Remove write-protection:

1. Start > Run > cmd
2. type "diskpart" -> runs diskpart.exe from system folder
3. type "list volume" -> now you see all your connected drives, see which one is the drive
4. type "select volume #" -> # being the letter of your drive
5. type "attributes disk clear readonly" -> removing the protection
6. Then open your SD, you can now edit, delete, move files.

Muhammad Omer

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

ti soy

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

it really works thanks a lot....

jeeralph

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013

Mine is a micro sd and it does not have a lock botton beside it, i've tried so many ways to format it and its not working, I also downloaded a sd card formatter and when i try to format, it keeps saying "write protector on"

I went further to try using command prompt but it stood still at 0percent for several hours and its getting really frustrating.

I've been able to backup all d files in it, all i need now is to turn off the write protect and format.

I need help. Anyone?

petraw

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

It hasnt worked for me... it said succesful, but I still cant delete the things on the sd card :??: Help

Ganesh Kashyap

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

ohhh my man thanks a lot!! it actually worked!!! :D its was bugging me for 4 months...thanks man

chopped

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013

it didnt work for meeeh

nevamind

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
it worked for meeeee perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!! i think you guys should not leave spaces between each word and maintain the caps at the begining of each word.. something like this will help "StorageDevicePolicies" and "WriteProtect"........... you also have to restart your pc for it to take effect else you will beeeeeeeee an asssss!!!

manlike

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

what do i change the number to

lihach

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
100% work!
The solution that works for me perfectly is the one with regedit.
It is very important to add the missing key with no spaces between the words and every word start with capital letter:
StorageDevicePolicies ---> WriteProtect

There is no need to reboot your PC but recconect the card reader withthe micro SD needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.