[SOLVED] How to reset BIOS factory default?

CanYouHelp

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
How to reset the BIOS to factory default? How do you verify reset worked if no signal to monitor?

Context
My system may be corrupted by windows 10 update and I'm no longer to get any signal to my monitor. My monitor is working fine connected to my laptop.

I am trying to reset the motherboard with screwdriver against the 2-pin JAT1 for 10 seconds, followed by holding down power button for 10 seconds. This is all done with power supply off.

However, I'm still not able to get any signal to the monitor when hooked up with HDMI to the onboard video.

So did the reset even work?

Last edited:
Solution
If nothing works.
  1. Shutdown your computer.
  2. Remove the power cord to make sure that your computer receives no power.
  3. Make sure you're grounded. ...
  4. Find the battery on your motherboard.
  5. Remove it. ...
  6. Wait 5 to 10 minutes.
  7. Put the battery back in.
  8. Power on your computer.

Elfunia

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
If nothing works.
  5. Remove it. ...
  6. Wait 5 to 10 minutes.

Solution

CanYouHelp

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
T
It depends. Most motherboards From BIOS screens, there's usually an option as well.

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to add the context. See below

How to reset the BIOS to factory default? How do you verify reset worked if no signal to monitor?

Context
My system may be corrupted by windows 10 update and I'm no longer to get any signal to my monitor. My monitor is working fine connected to my laptop.

I am trying to reset the motherboard with screwdriver against the 2-pin JAT1 for 10 seconds, followed by holding down power button for 10 seconds. This is all done with power supply off.

However, I'm still not able to get any signal to the monitor when hooked up with HDMI to the onboard video.

CanYouHelp

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
If nothing works.
  5. Remove it. ...
  6. Wait 5 to 10 minutes.

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to add the context. See below

Context