Question How to restore BIOS to default

May 6, 2019
UPDATE: Of course posting this gave me the mental kick I needed to figure out the answer on my own! Haha. If anyone encounters this question later, the answer was downloading a bios editing tool from HP's website. https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_BCU.html

So I've got a used HP Z1 G2 from a liquidation auction. I'm wanting to refurbish it to be like new and then re-sell. I wiped the hard drive, installed Windows 10, and used a windows program from HP to flash the BIOS (or so I thought).

However, despite what I thought was re-installing the BIOS, when the computer boots up, it still displays the name of the institution that I got it from along with the HP logo during startup. When I tried putting, what I thought was a BIOS update file, onto a flash drive and flashing via the BIOS setup menu, it said that no applicable file was found on the flashdrive.

Really though, I just want to get rid of the institution logo. I assumed the only way to do that was re-install the default BIOS, but if there is some other setting responsible for that, I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. If not, then anyone know what I might be doing wrong with trying to re-install the BIOS firmware?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Last edited:
I know that for some motherboard with bios editor you could edit the boot logo of the motherboard.
I've done that to my 775 socket motherboard.
But I really, really dont remember which software did i use, probably some software of Asus which you could edit that (My mobo was P5G41T-M LX2/GB).

May 6, 2019
I know that for some motherboard with bios editor you could edit the boot logo of the motherboard.
I've done that to my 775 socket motherboard.
But I really, really dont remember which software did i use, probably some software of Asus which you could edit that (My mobo was P5G41T-M LX2/GB).

Correct! Found the software on the manufacturer's site before I came back and saw this, but definitely the correct answer. Thanks anyway!