can anyone plz help me out
i want to restore my dell inspiron 1564 to its factory settings
i have a recovery disk which dell has instially given
but i dont know how to access it
plz help me out of this problem

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
For Vista or Win 7
If your operating system is VISTA / Win 7, tap F8 key when you see the Dell logo. It will take you to advanced boot menu options which include `Repair your Computer'. Select that option and enter your password if asked, then you will see a list of options like `system restore', `command prompt', etc. The last option says Dell PC restore or something similar to that. Select that option and follow the screen.

Start the computer.
As the computer starts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
Press the (Down Arrow) to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.
Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.
Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

evus

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

I love the way you explain things. you should be a professor
Now my computer is hacked. They did that to me in December and I paid $100 to unblock it. I need the computer for work this morning. It is hacked again and i have to pay $300 to unblock. everytime i turn the computer on the screen says FBI warning because i was watching the red carpet of Denzel washington daughter. When the update of your computer comes up. How can I recover my computer.

You have malaware on your PC. Visit MBAM site, you will need to go here http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=b69c3b534b524c20c9bc508c17c111e0&showforum=7
read pinned topics
You would have to use Hijackthis and forum to solve you hacked PC.

Good luck.

Elisabeth Jeppesen

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Hi

Being I work in IT Security I would like to inform you to not pay that money it is hackers making you pay and not the FBI.

You do however need to wipe your computer and clean it up as the virus wont get out any other way.

B

Ashmawy

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

I keep pressing F8 when the dell logo appears but nothing happen

Lorem Ipsum

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014

Hello - When you perform this function, do you lose all of your docs, pics, etc.?