[SOLVED] How to rotate screen with Cmd

S_Bard

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
What the title says.
For reasons, i touched around windows and dissabled a lot of useless things. Amongst them seems i dissabled the option for rotating the display through the screen configuration menu on windows, when i try to change it it just says that the configuration could not be saved, try another.

I don't really care about that, or fixing it. What i want is:
Is there a quick way to rotate the screen directly throug the Command Module/.bat files/powershell?
I found a lot of roundabout ways that seemed annoying, and i don´t feel like fixing it. So if someone knows if its possible (and its not troublesome) please do tell me.

Its just one of those things that if you try to google, it won't matter what you type and it will give you 1m results saying "just pres CTRL+Alt arrow."

Thanks in advance

Solution
There's no easy way to do what you want.
There is a scripted command line deal that somebody made and put it on github.
However it only rotates the display 90 degrees counter clockwise, and when you run the file it rotates it 90 degrees back again and that's all it can do.

To get it, just follow the link and click the green "clone or download" option and download the zip file.
Extract the folder from the Zip file and double click to run the co.cmd file.

https://github.com/Clicketyclick/ChangeScreenOrientation

Otherwise, you'll have to go back through and figure out what things you messed with and where you messed with them and get things back on track.

The CRTL+Alt+Arrow thing only works on Intel integrated graphics (unless...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
There's no easy way to do what you want.
There is a scripted command line deal that somebody made and put it on github.
However it only rotates the display 90 degrees counter clockwise, and when you run the file it rotates it 90 degrees back again and that's all it can do.

To get it, just follow the link and click the green "clone or download" option and download the zip file.
Extract the folder from the Zip file and double click to run the co.cmd file.

https://github.com/Clicketyclick/ChangeScreenOrientation

Otherwise, you'll have to go back through and figure out what things you messed with and where you messed with them and get things back on track.

The CRTL+Alt+Arrow thing only works on Intel integrated graphics (unless they removed that option in their drivers as well) because graphics card drivers had that feature removed a long time ago.

Should never go digging around in Windows and messing with stuff without knowing what you're messing with, but more importantly, should always create a system restore point before you go messing with stuff.

Solution

S_Bard

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
Thanks, that was will work just fine.
Im on an amd dedicated gpu, didn't know that.
I ran a few things to debloat windows, which freed up some ram and cpu power and removed things that quite frankly were actively annoying me. I don´t know exactly what i did but i do have the list of things. Also I do have a backup just in case though.
Thanks