How to run more than one TV from HDMI

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Hi. I have a Talk Talk U-View box. I thought that if I got a HDMI splitter, I could connect 2 TVs to it. The Video works but the sound disappears. I thought that I could have a small TV near the kitchen to watch when cooking. Any ideas on how to do this if this doesn't work.

TIA

Ralston18

Titan
Does the sound disappear on both TVs or just one of the TVs?

Do you have sound/audio on each TV if that TV is connected independently: first without the HDMI splitter and then, secondly, via the splitter?

What make and model is the splitter? What HDMI cables are you using?

The following link may prove helpful:

https://www.lifewire.com/hdmi-cables-and-connectors-what-you-need-to-know-4685377

Moving thread to Home Audio & Theater.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Last edited:
Odd that thing even works at the price, in the notes it tells you it does not work with cable boxes which looks like your Talk Talk is.
"
NOTE:

Does NOT support any video game (PlayStation, Xbox etc.) and any TV box / cable box (e.g. Sky TV box, BT TV box, Amazon TV, Google Chromecast, Apple TV box, Now TV, Android TV box, Freeview TV Box, Roku etc.) any DVR and PC.

Only 1 output device should be active at any time unless both of the 2 display devices share the same size and model.

Only 1 output device should be active at any time, you can only connect one input device (eg. DVD player) to two HDMI output device (eg. TV), but only oneoutput device should be active at any time. You cannot connect two output device at the same time.

It can simultaneously connect and display two computer monitors with the same signal and size. Also, it supports most simultaneous display when connecting different models and sizes with few exceptions. However, the two interfaces are available. It is undeniable that there is a very few devices are incompatible. So please carefully choose!
"