How to run/use 2 HD Graphics Properly?

Nov 14, 2018
..HI Guys, I'm newbie here with basic knowledge in computers. I owned Lenovo Legion Y520 with 2 GPUs (Intel HD 630 and NVIDIA Gtx 1050ti). My problem is my Intel GPU. . .When I try to DISABLE it my Desktop display is affected like my Applications Icon turns bigger and scattered on screen, my BRIGHTNESS KEYBOARD HOTKEYS doesn't work also but other hotkeys works well, another is my Games that gets lag and I thought that my NVIDIA has no use in my Laptop. The reason I want to disable the Intel it's because my applications such as SKETCHUP & AUTOCAD that both requires 3D support gets LAG and the only way I know to use them smoothly is to turn off/disable the Intel GPU. Is there any way to run this 2 GPUs without affecting other components and Applications?

PS: I already Maximize the performance of 2 GPUs but nothing has change.

Nvidia's Optimus switching tech should handle the duty of switching between the Intel IGP and the GTX1050Ti when application load requires it. If it's not, you can go into the Nvidia settings and manually set which programs always use the GTX1050Ti. Unfortunately I don't have a laptop here to tell you the specific process for doing that, but you can google it pretty easily.

Not sure about the other odd stuff. Have you installed the Nvidia display driver?

The way Nvidia Optimus (switchable graphics) works is that the Intel graphics always drives the screen. The Nvidia GPU acts as a co-processor. When a game or app is set to use the Nvidia GPU, it uses that to render a frame. The frame is then transferred to the Intel GPU for display. So you cannot disable the Intel GPU - it must always be on. If you disable it, Windows will default to its basic VGA drivers, which are like 800x600 resolution (which is why your desktop icons got big). Your Nvidia GPU is totally unusable in this mode. This is also why you should always get Intel and Nvidia drivers from your laptop's support site, instead of trying to install drivers directly from Intel and Nvidia. They've gotten better about making their general release drivers work with Optimus, but I still see a few complaints about it breaking after trying to install the "latest" drivers. You can experiment with the drivers from Intel and Nvidia, but always keep a copy of both graphics drivers from your laptop's support site in case they break something.

Right-click the desktop and open the Nvidia Control Panel. Under Manage 3D settings, switch to the Programs tab. In there you can manually configure Sketchup and AutoCAD to use the Nvidia GPU (if they are not doing so by default).

There are a handful of old and poorly coded games and apps which do not work with Optiimus. They're coded assuming a computer only has one GPU. They look for a GPU, see the Intel graphics, and assume that's all you've got. They will never be able to use the Nvidia GPU because they don't know to look for its presence. But AutoCAD is pretty good about maintaining their software, and there are several Nvidia Optimus laptop workstations specifically made for running AutoCAD so I have to figure their software works with Optimus.

Nov 14, 2018
..What should I do? Because Until now, my Autocad is still Lagging and I already Optimized it to "High-performance NVIDIA Processor". I restarted my laptop many times. I disable/enable the NVIDIA driver but there's no signs of fast performance. . . haaaist! :??: