[SOLVED] How to set and use maximize FSB/BCLK CPU of motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolvatveo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
hey, i see in my board can set the host frequency up to 600. how to use it and in what case i want to use 600mhz host freq but never seen anyone do it. Would love to know if someone knows how to make it use 600mhz!

Solution
I just want bring bclk to max and successfully boot. This is a rarity!
As with any overclocking, success depends entirely on silicon quality of all parts overclocked. Nobody can tell you what your system's maximum busclock overclock is because there are so many different parts, from different manufacturers, being overclocked. And not only that...you are the only person in the world likely to have precisely your combination of hardware (CPU/memory/motherboard/drive/GPU/etc) who's also willing to attempt it.

Experiment with yours. Just don't do it on a production system. I'd also take the hard drive out and put a small/cheap one in to install the OS and try it though. I've understood it's possible to permanently damage a drive...
hey, i see in my board can set the host frequency up to 600. how to use it and in what case i want to use 600mhz host freq but never seen anyone do it. Would love to know if someone knows how to make it use 600mhz!
What are your system specs?

CPU, motherboard, gpu, psu, memory in particular.

In general, FSB overclocking is risky as it can overclock everything in the system including the PCIe bus and SATA drive ports. That can mean pushing drives too hard and with data corruption being the result.

lolvatveo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
I can totally reduce the system multiplier and fix the pci freq, my board is 945gcmx-s2, a pretty good 945 board compared to others. my psu wattage seems to be 350W and CPU is E5300, onboard GPU, 2+2GB 800 ddr2. I want to use max BCLK/FSB 600 but may not with this CPU.

The reason why nobody does it is because BCLK clock is the source clock for a lot of other things in the system. Because things like expansion cards, storage drives, and the like are expecting a certain frequency, you can't get very far before those things no longer work because they can't cope with a bus speed that's, for all they know, out of spec.

lolvatveo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
I used to play with 1.6 voltage cpu with stock heatsink fan and it was 100°C many times, try overclocked ram with +0.4v. Overall though it's risky, everything is back to normal when I set the default, and its OK:).However, has anyone used bclk to the maximum? This option I certainly will not be redundant.

As with any overclocking, success depends entirely on silicon quality of all parts overclocked. Nobody can tell you what your system's maximum busclock overclock is because there are so many different parts, from different manufacturers, being overclocked. And not only that...you are the only person in the world likely to have precisely your combination of hardware (CPU/memory/motherboard/drive/GPU/etc) who's also willing to attempt it.

Experiment with yours. Just don't do it on a production system. I'd also take the hard drive out and put a small/cheap one in to install the OS and try it though. I've understood it's possible to permanently damage a drive with busclock overclocking, don't want to do that with a good one you want to keep around.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
I have limited overclocking knowledge and skills, so I need experienced people so can set the best, most importantly is overclock record.

It doesn't work like this. Every CPU is different. Overclocking a CPU is about direct experimentation, not specific configurations that someone just gives you.

And only do this if you're just experimenting for fun. If you're doing this on a PC you actually use, then this is all pointless and you're wasting your time and risking your components for no purpose.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
.... most importantly is overclock record.
https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cpu_frequency/rankings#start=0#interval=20

Go looking through the various "records". You'll find they get there with a mix of techniques; things like disabling some cores/SMT, a lot of CPU multiplier, sub-ambient cooling. There's some bus clock oveclocking but rarely very much. You don't get records doing one thing only, and bus clock is generally only a "tweak" to get a final few points.

It seems rather silly to think of even approaching an overclocking record given your admitted lack of overclocking knowledge and skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts