Question how to set my overclocked pc back

Jun 28, 2020
i over clocked my pc recently but it didn't work and my fps dropped so i tried putting everything on default on msi after burner. But i am still running low frames on every game what can i do?'

PC specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700k CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz

RAM 16GB

Geforce RTX 2080

MSI afterburner setting

Power limit 122%

Temp Limit 88%

Core clock +50MHz

Memory clock +10MHz

Fan speed 80

Jun 28, 2020
Uninstall afterburner and reboot. It'll set everything back to default. As the settings don't stay with the GPU. They are applied by Afterburner when it loads and sticks until a reboot.
I uninstalled after burner and rebooted the pc but my pc still runs on 40-60 frames. Before after burner i was tweaking EVGA precision x1 but i uninstalled that and rebooted my computer but no change and still the low fps

You can try to clean install the video card drivers. To see if that makes a difference. Have you updated to the latest from nVidia?

I'd suggest Afterburner with Rivatuner checked again not for over locking but to enable the on screen display. So you can take a look at resource usage, temps and so forth while gaming. Also take a look at Task Monitor to see if something is hogging resources.

Jun 28, 2020
i looked at everything and used afterburner in game overlay and went to my pc bios.
It showed that my cp temp is 100c when running a game. Can this be the reason?

TRENDING THREADS