[SOLVED] How to set up my Aio and fans

Oct 3, 2021
The case I want to buy is the h710i and i want to buy a nzxt x73 aio to mount on the top for exhaust and was wondering if that was a bad idea because with 4 fans i have in total at the back and only 3 at the front.It would create negative pressure so I was wondering if i should buy a x63 instead? Also the pc parts down below
CPU:Ryzen 9 5900x
RAM:32 GB C18 corsair slim one
SSD's : 1 250gb 980 pro and 1 tb 980 pro
Motherboard: asus tuf x570 pro
pos:rm850x gold corsair psu
Gpu:Nvidia rtx 3080 FE.

Solution
Uhh, don't think too hard on that whole positive/neutral/negative pressure thing.
It's not that simple with, "I have fans here and there, so I must have this pressure." There's other things too, such as fan curves and air resistance to make things more complicated.
Having acceptable thermals is more important.

Be sure you really want a 360mm, as they ultimately force a top mount.
Oct 3, 2021
Basic airflow.
In the front, out the top/back.

That case, however, is solid on the top.
Meaning your AIO needs to go in the front. If it fits.
Well I was intending to go for the rgb one but i guess i could maybe go for the non rgb version and then buy 2 dual separate rgb fans and mount 3 of those at the back instead with the non rgb x73 at the front.
Thanks for the thought will really help when deciding when I am going to buy it.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Uhh, don't think too hard on that whole positive/neutral/negative pressure thing.
It's not that simple with, "I have fans here and there, so I must have this pressure." There's other things too, such as fan curves and air resistance to make things more complicated.

Solution
Oct 3, 2021

Thanks for the help did just google the fit aswell so I could also mount them at the front too.
Thanks.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I could also mount them at the front too.
The problem I have with 360mm and larger AIO is that they lack flexibility Vs the smaller units.
The reasons you will be ultimately forced to top mount:
-You can't refill that unit. Well, you can't refill most AIOs. Alphacool is one of the few brands that still give users the option.
-Over time, fluid volume decreases and air volume increases. If front mounted: after a few years(+/-) more and more air collects at the inlet side of the radiator, and you will start to hear a dripping, or running water effect.
-That particular noise will continue to get worse as air and fluid volume shifts. To make it stop, you will have to top mount it, or remove it, even though the unit isn't actually broken.

It's too bad that they can't be front mounted with the tubes going towards the bottom...
Unfortunately, the manufacturers don't provide tubing long enough for that, and even if they did, it mostly wouldn't fit due to odd bends and pinch points stressing the barbs/connectors that enter the radiator.
This is a non-issue with 360mm gpu AIOs since the gpu is already down there.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That one is solid on the top. Necessitating a front mount radiator. Which limits the size and tube config.
It's solid at both top and front. See those holes on both sides of the chassis, going along the length of top and the front?
That's where the air is supposed to enter and exit. Doesn't look like much, I know, but this(H700) was their answer to the H500's lousy airflow.
If mounting an AIO at the front, it would be ideal to do pull. Up top, you do push.

USAFRet

Titan
It's solid at both top and front. See those holes on both sides of the chassis, going along the length of top and the front?
That's where the air is supposed to enter and exit. Doesn't look like much, I know, but this(H700) was their answer to the H500's lousy airflow.
If mounting an AIO at the front, it would be ideal to do pull. Up top, you do push.
Yeah, pretty much solid on the front as well.

Fashion over function.
Pass for me.