How to Set Up Skype in Windows 10

Skype (which is now owned by Microsoft) is available in Windows 10 as a built-in app. All you need to do in order to set it up is to log in with your Microsoft account, click the icon from the Start menu, and provide any information you are asked for.

If you are not logged in with your Microsoft account, you can still follow the on-screen instructions that appear when you click the Skype icon, and use either an existing Skype or Microsoft account to sign-in, or create a new Skype account altogether.

Here is how you can setup Skype in your Windows 10 PC:
    ■Log on to your Windows 10 computer using your Microsoft account (recommended, used here).
    ■On the desktop, click the Start button (the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of the window).
    ■From the displayed menu, click the Skype icon on the right.
    Note: In some cases, you may need to scroll through the Start menu to get to the Skype icon.
    kI5uXAJ.jpg

■Since this is your first time initializing Skype on your Windows 10 computer, when the app prompts you for your consent to use the webcam and microphone, click either Allow or Block. Blocking access will prevent you from video chatting and voice chatting.
    027uOVj.jpg

■Wait until Skype configures the basic settings.
    b8Fuc38.jpg

■On the Already using Skype window, if you already have a Skype account associated with the currently logged on Microsoft account, click the I have a Skype account button.
    3hzPEMO.jpg

■On the next window, click the picture icon to sign-in to your existing Skype account.
    G0WRANC.jpg

■Alternatively you can click the I’m new to Skype button from the Already using Skype window if you have never used Skype before, or no Skype account is associated with your Microsoft account.
    ■On the next window, if Skype reminds you about your existing Skype account but you still want to create a new one, click the No thanks, create a new Skype account button.
    fCPcY3v.jpg

■On the Please read and accept the Terms of Use window, click the I agree – join Skype button after reading the Terms.
    b8giHqH.jpg

■Wait until your new Skype account is created for you and you are successfully logged on to the app.

jNibGIW.jpg