How to set up two graphics cards

G

Hello, I have just brought a PCI Nivada Graphics card, and I already have a PCI Express card running two monitors, how can i get the new PCI card to run the third monitor without the other graphics card not working.

Thanks

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hello Sam,

Just to clarify, you have a PCI-Express card that's working two monitors right now. And then you bought a PCI video card that you want to add in to support a 3rd monitor, or did you buy another PCI-Express? Big difference between the two! : )

If you bought a PCI video card, I don't believe there's a way to have both cards in different slot types working together in the same rig at the same time.

If you bought a PCI-Express card, then it could be possible but only with a few stipulations:
- The card you bought is identical to the one currently in there
- You have a power supply that's powerful enough to supply both with power under full load
- Your motherboard has an available PCI-Express slot and supports SLi

I don't believe you can SLi two Nvidia cards that are PCI-E that aren't the same card and still have them support monitors on their own. I know you can use one as a dedicated Physx card, but I think that's it.