Question How to Set Windows Search to Google?

accesscpu_

Reputable
May 7, 2019
I would love if there was some way to type into the Windows search bar (the one at the bottom of the taskbar in my OS) and have it load the searches in my default browser (but use Google instead of Bing). I've tried some "redirect" scripts in the past, but they have always been messy and never really worked that well. Has anyone found a good solution to accomplish this yet for Windows 10?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
there is no native way to change it from bing. MS wants you using bing so it makes darn sure you have no other option. there are some 3rd party aps out there that are supposed to do it, but i've never tried them. i'm sure you've already turned up a handful in your searching to try.

sadly though it's bing or bing or bing when using cortana to search.

accesscpu_

Reputable
May 7, 2019

Thanks, I'll give that a try. But one question first.

In researching it, it appears that this "intercepts" any searches MS trys to send through Edge (to its Bing search engine) and sends them to your "default browser". My default browser IS Edge, and I'd like it to stay that way. And I have Google set up as my default search engine (and have Bing removed).

So if I install this, can I redirect Windows search to still use Edge, but default to my Google search? That's the whole idea I'm going for.

TRENDING THREADS