how to slow down transfer spped

Bardebay

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
hello,
i now this is a really weird question,but i need it for transfering files from a really slow hard drive.
how to make your computer transfer slow?

Edit: and also how can i boost up my hard drive speed?is a toshiba 3.0 ,but a really slow one.i have a 3.0 usb socket and a 3.1 one.

[Edited by moderator - - two posts merged]

Solution

Copying files to or from a healthy drive is no problem.

Now...if the drive was already faulty, all bets are off.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Bardebay, I am wondering if you are serious on this subject. You should not have to 'make your transfer speed slow' with a USB 1.0/2.0 drive. If you are transferring from a USB 1.0 or 2.0 external hard drive, your USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports are backwards compatible with USB 1.0/2.0.
Just plug it into your USB port and go!

I honestly have to wonder if you are trolling here now that I rethink the whole question and lack of proper English grammar.

Bardebay

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
because when i transfering the file,the toshiba drive becomes 100%in task maneger thats the reason i want to slow it down.i dont mind any of the time i just dnt want my hard drive to blow up.

Bardebay

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
and the speed that it R/W in task maneger is 8mb.is that normal for a usb 3.0 drive?
i am trying to transfer a mt2s (i think thats the format)file.a blue ray file.i have many of them and they are extremly big.and becuase of the transfering ,my hard drive became really hot.so i need to slow the speed down to make it fell better(hard drives fells better...no,just a joke.)

Bardebay

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
thank you for taking your time to read this forum.
my toshiba harddrive is not openable and i was thinking also to put it in my compu8ter as a sata.
but i have one blue ray file,15 GB,and i have nothing else.so what can i do?

USAFRet

Titan

Copying files to or from a healthy drive is no problem.

Now...if the drive was already faulty, all bets are off.

Solution