How to Speed Up Your PC's Slowest Component: You

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

If you use the same device for 2FA for every account (most people), then it would seem that if your email and 2FA device are compromised then the attacker effectively has access to most of your accounts (given that most accounts allow a password reset via email).

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Dual monitors, best idea ever for pc. After using dual monitors, I'll never go back to single screens, there's far too much flip-flop, alt-tab, go find what you are looking for, copy/paste etc associated with just 1 screen, no matter how good it might be for gaming. This includes ultra-wide as games hog whole screen there too unless you like windows versions. I prefer full-screen.

Dec 27, 2018
For example I pause writing email because i need to check what i wrote and it isn't on screen after 3 sec. It's horrible. I think that my 10 year old Celeron IS bottlenecking. Even Pentium IV @ 1,7 GHz is faster...

mtracy1991

Reputable

What a Godlike shortcut!

Jan 5, 2019
This is exactly I was looking for. Since I have done troubleshooting in my printer with the methods from https://www.epsonsupport247.com/how-to-fix-epson-printers-common-problems-by-epson-printer-tech-support/ which was connected to my computer, has made my computer slow. I don't know why this has happened which was not suppose to happen.

Feb 3, 2019
After my curiosity overcame my initial snort of indignation, I had some teachable moments. Some things I was already aware of. There were many others that I was not. And some were attributes germane to Windows 10 users. In any event, thank you
William

Status
Not open for further replies.