[SOLVED] How to stop Background Process from loading during start up

clifftam

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have trouble trying to remove Background services from booting up. If you see the following of my background processes, you will notice Adobe and Asus processes that are running. I want to remove them from loading up when I start my comp.

I already disabled them during startup in the Task Manager tab.
I uninstalled all the Asus software on my comp.

background-process.jpg

image.png

The Asus Link processes I am not sure what to do. They are not related to any software. When I click on them for more info, I know where they are located. They are store in DriverStore\FileRepository. Can someone point to me where to look for in Windows settings where these files are being called up? Thanks

asuslink.jpg

Solution
Download and run AutoRuns. It will let you disable any of that.

Just be careful not to disable things when you don't know what they are, or what they do. Doing so could make your system unbootable. Don't disable any Microsoft services or applications. Be sure Options / Hide Microsoft Entries is checked.

gardenman

Splendid
Download and run AutoRuns. It will let you disable any of that.

Just be careful not to disable things when you don't know what they are, or what they do. Doing so could make your system unbootable. Don't disable any Microsoft services or applications. Be sure Options / Hide Microsoft Entries is checked.

Reactions: clifftam
Solution