Question How to stop Disk usage going to 100%?

e.eldridge04spam

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
I have had this problem from the beginning of my build but my pc is going to 100% disk usage, im am starting to think it was a building problem or os problem as i have try so many other fixes but none of them work. just ask if u need specs

popatim

Titan
Have you scanned for malware, spyware, miners, and bad sectors?

Bring up Resource Monitor, go the the Disk tab and see whats reading & writing to the Drive. It usually sorts on the Total bytes read and written column with the highest offender at the top. there are two sections: 'Processes with Disk Activity' and 'Disk Activity' to help isolate the issue.

I can't get a drive to show 100% no matter what I dump to it in normal copying/moving folders/files, etc....(granted, these are internal SATA connected drives, I have no USB connected drives to test currently..)

If one is giving issues, I'd be looking at CrystalDiskInfo and seeing if it's health is degraded, if any sectors are bad/uncorrectable, etc...; often, drives that have suffered soft crashes have precious few hours remaining where data can be recovered/read/transferred, and doing long surface scans, disk checks, tests, etc., simply accelerates their demise...

A drive should be able to transfer a batch of files in a predictable amount of reasonable time...CrystalDIskMark has short and long tests that can be run to determine serviceability, but, worry about those after data is backed up when in doubt!

e.eldridge04spam

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
I can't get a drive to show 100% no matter what I dump to it in normal copying/moving folders/files, etc....(granted, these are internal SATA connected drives, I have no USB connected drives to test currently..)

If one is giving issues, I'd be looking at CrystalDiskInfo and seeing if it's health is degraded, if any sectors are bad/uncorrectable, etc...; often, drives that have suffered soft crashes have precious few hours remaining where data can be recovered/read/transferred, and doing long surface scans, disk checks, tests, etc., simply accelerates their demise...

A drive should be able to transfer a batch of files in a predictable amount of reasonable time...CrystalDIskMark has short and long tests that can be run to determine serviceability, but, worry about those after data is backed up when in doubt!
unknown.png

sometimes it goes up to 100% when watching yt, playing a game or something like that and makes the rest of the pc slow but sometimes it goes to like 3% for 1 second and starts to rise again