[SOLVED] how to stop files automatically zipping when downloading from gmail?

Feb 24, 2021
I brought some sound packs a month back, all download links was sent to my gmail, they were not originally zip files. everything was going smoothly until i zipped the files without realizing what i was really doing. i thought at the time i was changing the format of the file so i can use them in the music studio programs i have. now i find myself unable to use or even listen to most of these sound packs because they are zipped. i used winzip when zipping the files but my free trail of winzip has now ended and i have no interest to buy the program. now i cant download these files without them getting zipped, i wonder if there is any way to change the setting in gmail to prevent files automatically downloading as zip files? i've been stressing for weeks so if anyone has any solutions you would be a massive lifesaver

Feb 24, 2021
if this allows me to download all the files in google drive without zipping then amazing, but i haven't got any clues how to get the link from the email to google drive, all i have in the email is the download link, not sure how get that saved to google drive. any ideas?

i used winzip when zipping the files but my free trail of winzip has now ended and i have no interest to buy the program.
In 99% of use cases, Windows Explorer is all you need to work with ZIP files.
  • right-click on ZIP file, "Extract..." will let you extraces. Same can be done by double-clicking, then copy/paste;
  • select couple of files, right-click, "Send to...", "Compressed file" will create a ZIP file.