How to swap operating system between two drives?

kozato

Commendable
May 19, 2017
This is a bit complicated for me. I currently have a 1TB sad and I will be buying a 250gb ssd soon. I want to change my 1tb into a secondary drive and have my dad as my boot drive instead. This may be simple for some, but how do I go about setting primary and secondary drives? I don't just want to clone them as I don't want the OS on the hard drive obviously.

Solution

For us as well...
If you want to keep your old os you will have to clone,after cloning you can delete the OS from the old disk.
If you don't care about the old installation then take out every drive except for the new ssd do a normal installation and read your mobo manual (you can find it online if you don't have it anymore) to see how to select the boot order of your disks.

For us as well...
If you want to keep your old os you will have to clone,after cloning you can delete the OS from the old disk.
If you don't care about the old installation then take out every drive except for the new ssd do a normal installation and read your mobo manual (you can find it online if you don't have it anymore) to see how to select the boot order of your disks.

Solution