How to Switch Default Image Viewer in Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakius

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
but really there is anyone who don't know how to use installer to get the **** done for him?just get fast stone (much faster than pic&fax preview) and have fun

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
As soon as i saw "How to" and "Windows 8" in the title i knew this was another article writtem by Marcus Yam. Geez, dont Toms hardware have anything else better for you to do?

but really there is anyone who don't know how to use installer to get the **** done for him?just get fast stone (much faster than pic&fax preview) and have fun
Just complain about free knowledge that isn't hurting you.Until you've worked at a help desk or similar you really can't assume anyone knows anything.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Or you could go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default programs > scroll down to Windows Photo Viewer > Set this program as default

D

Deleted member 1353997

1. Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator or standard user account.
You forgot to first mention to turn on the PC by first finding the power button, and to turn on your screen if you're using a desktop.

Maybe you should compile all of these "how to"s into a book called "How to use a computer: 2014 Edition".

CodeMatias

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
That post really is useless... as long as you have a program that tried to associate the file type, opening the file is enough to get a "There's a new program for that file, do you want to change defaults" popup in the corner. No need to go to default programs (which was in 100% of Windows NT5 and later OSes)

jblack

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Run Powershell as administrator and then type:Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.WindowsPhotos | Remove-AppxPackageYou might also want to run:Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.ZuneMusic | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.ZuneVideo | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Reader | Remove-AppxPackageTo get rid of additional garbage.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
What is with this 'save Win 8 campaign'?The people have spoken - its garbage, and we all switched back to Win 7, and will likely stay on it until we get a no-Metro OS... and if that doesn't come, there is Mac and Linux.Prob go the Linux route myself, despite the pain involved....

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
I don't think any reader of tomshardware would need a guide to do this.I do notice at work once I install a new pc again and use it for a bit oh fuck shitty metro viewer is on again and then I turn it off.

D

Deleted member 1443762

Control Panel> Programs> Default Programs> Set Default Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.