[SOLVED] How to switch Windows drive from HDD to SSD?

Rajveer7827

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015
I installed another Windows OS to my new SSD while keeping the old Windows in my current HDD then there was 2 Windows OS to boot from then i formatted the old Windows OS to make the Windows SSD the primary system boot option but it doesn't go as that way and now I'm getting the error "BOOTMGR is missing" and when i directly select the SSD to boot windows with F10 option it says "Select Proper Boot Device"
Why this error is showing up? I already installed Windows on this SSD earlier...

Solution
About half and hour ago
So, what happened was that the boot info for the second install simply got merged with the original one on the old drive.
Remove that drive, and no boot for you.

Redo the install, with ONLY the SSD connected.
Delete ALL existing partitions in the process.

USAFRet

Titan
About half and hour ago
So, what happened was that the boot info for the second install simply got merged with the original one on the old drive.

Solution

Rajveer7827

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015

Oh. I really messed this up lol.
If i ReInstall the Windows with only SSD connected, will this make SSD the Default System Boot Drive?

Rajveer7827

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015

Thanks a ton man, It worked!!!