How to take my desktop on an airplane.

Friedbiscuit

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
So I am leaving from California to Arizona from the 12-25th. Only a 1hour 30minute flight at most, but I need to know how to take my PC and monitor on the plane with me.

I have a 24' monitor, and my desktop case is medium sized, not big, not small. My plan was (since I have a backpack on me + the carry on). I will take the PC apart, GPU, CPU, hard drive, ram. Wrap it all up safely and put it in my backpack. Add my keyboard + mouse + cords into my backpack with a few pieces of clothes. Then I was just going to get a suitcase that is big enough to lay my desktop + montor in with a bunch of clothing and that should work as my carry on. If not a suitcase, then just a big ass bag I can put the monitor, and case in.

So yeah can someone tell me if this sounds possible, any kind of troubles I might run into, or an easier way of doing this?

Thank you!

D

Deleted member 217926

I don't think they're going to let you on the plane with a bunch of electronics you can't prove work.

I'd ship the thing. With insurance of course. FedEx or UPS will treat it better than the airline will.

Friedbiscuit

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015

Do any of you, or anyone know if I were to store my PC in a bag or box and have it put in checked bags when I check in so it is stored in the cargo area. Would that be possible with out TSA or anyone stirring up a problem?

If I have to ship it I guess I can, really don't want the hastle of shipping though.