[SOLVED] How to test Honeywell PW6K1R2-2 module board for basic functions?

Ksingh707

Commendable
Sep 5, 2021
Hello, I have a Honeywell PW6K1R2-2 READER SUB-ASSEMBLY MODULE BOARD, which I am trying to test to see if it works properly. I have never tested or plugged these in, If anyone knows how to test it to check if the basic functions are working I would appreciate it, thanks.

Solution
Do you have the Installation Guide/Manual? Seems to be an older product.

I did a bit of googling and it appears that the board has quite a number of status LEDs. So you likely need to do a test bench install of some sort.

If you want to test at the component level then you need the board schematics, a multi-meter, etc...

Most of my manual searches ended up at a Honeywell link. Other search results led to online manuals that were basically surrounded by confusing ads, pop-ups, and so forth.

Honeywell Link

The most applicable and useful manual/guide was about 46 pages with a list of LED's and the diagnostic meanings. May not be applicable to the product you have.

However, I could not get a direct link. Opening for...

Ralston18

Titan

I did a bit of googling and it appears that the board has quite a number of status LEDs. So you likely need to do a test bench install of some sort.

If you want to test at the component level then you need the board schematics, a multi-meter, etc...

Most of my manual searches ended up at a Honeywell link. Other search results led to online manuals that were basically surrounded by confusing ads, pop-ups, and so forth.

Honeywell Link

The most applicable and useful manual/guide was about 46 pages with a list of LED's and the diagnostic meanings. May not be applicable to the product you have.

However, I could not get a direct link. Opening for viewing created a download to a folder on my computer. Not a link to the document itself.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...on-Guide.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1rUdl6HuF4H_hS3LYUb0WB

Reactions: Ksingh707
Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is an old(er) two door access control module for card readers/door locks (but I am sure you already know that). It appears the last manual revision was 2010 and is a UK product according to the manual linked below. Looks like it wants 10-14VDC (12V) power. From what I can tell in a quick look it is dipswitch programmed. I don't see any host program or other specific programming info. RS-485 comms.

I don't see anything about PC connection or host program for hub control etc. at least in this install manual. There may be companion documents available for that. Honeywell loves to do that....

Honeywell is typically open source and open tech support, but they will be making certain assumptions about your general knowledge and familiarity with low voltage products and access control. I found the manual available online from Honeywell, so best to download one of those and start reading. If you have comprehension of the subject matter (which you should be able to assess quickly enough) they typically aren't rocket science to figure out.

Manual link:
https://www.security.honeywell.com/...6000-Two-Reader-Module-Installation-Guide.pdf

I didn't look long enough to see all the specific manner of door control you can use. Mainly specified as a two reader board, so you would have to connect a reader, program it with a token and then utilize a meter to see if the appropriate contacts are reacting to control. My assumption is that this works alongside a stand alone card reader just as the basic (lock) control board...but since I ain't getting paid I leave that figuring to you.

GL

Ksingh707

Commendable
Sep 5, 2021

Honeywell Link

However, I could not get a direct link. Opening for viewing created a download to a folder on my computer. Not a link to the document itself.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjQhOTamPD1AhUnZN8KHfCfCVEQFnoECAoQAQ&url=https://www.security.honeywell.com/-/media/Security/Resources/Integrated-Product-Documents/PW-Series-Modular-Access-Control-System/Manuals/PW-6000-Two-Reader-Module-Installation-Guide.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1rUdl6HuF4H_hS3LYUb0WB
Thank you for the information, this was very helpful.

Ksingh707

Commendable
Sep 5, 2021
This is an old(er) two door access control module for card readers/door locks (but I am sure you already know that). It appears the last manual revision was 2010 and is a UK product according to the manual linked below. Looks like it wants 10-14VDC (12V) power. From what I can tell in a quick look it is dipswitch programmed. I don't see any host program or other specific programming info. RS-485 comms.

I don't see anything about PC connection or host program for hub control etc. at least in this install manual. There may be companion documents available for that. Honeywell loves to do that....

Honeywell is typically open source and open tech support, but they will be making certain assumptions about your general knowledge and familiarity with low voltage products and access control. I found the manual available online from Honeywell, so best to download one of those and start reading. If you have comprehension of the subject matter (which you should be able to assess quickly enough) they typically aren't rocket science to figure out.

Manual link:
https://www.security.honeywell.com/...6000-Two-Reader-Module-Installation-Guide.pdf

I didn't look long enough to see all the specific manner of door control you can use. Mainly specified as a two reader board, so you would have to connect a reader, program it with a token and then utilize a meter to see if the appropriate contacts are reacting to control. My assumption is that this works alongside a stand alone card reader just as the basic (lock) control board...but since I ain't getting paid I leave that figuring to you.

GL
thank you for the helpful information.