Question How to test Nvidia RTX 2060 Xid Error 69 (Graphics Engine class error)

ImmortalDoor

Commendable
May 13, 2017
I recently built a new desktop and have been having issues with the graphics card or driver. From a users perspective, when I start a game, it will crash within a few minutes and return me to desktop. It will also regularly crash my internet tabs. I also regularly get the Windows 10 blue screen of death with an assortment of Stop Codes: KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. From a troubleshoot perspective, I recieve both the Nvidia Xid Errors 32 (Invalid or corrupted push buffer stream) and 69 (Graphics Engine Class Error). Xid 32 can be caused by a variety of factors dealing with the PCI bus, but Xid 69 is either related to the hardware or driver. Unfortunatly, I haven't found much information on Xid 69 which leads me to believe its not very common. I duel boot into both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 and have the same issue on both systems.

What would be some good next steps to pinpoint the root cause of the problem? I've tried a variety of graphics drivers, so unless all of them have problems, I'm guessing this isn't the issue. However, I want to be 100% certain before I call up amazon and get a replacement part. I could try resetting the card in the PCI bus a few times to see if the issue resolve itself. Or maybe its a bad motherboard? Unfortunately, I don't have any old GPUs or AM4 motherboards to try. I've included the hardware list below.

Ryzen 7 2700
MSI RTX 2060
Vengence 16Gb RAM (3200 MHz)
EVGA N1 750W PSU
Scythe FUMA cpu cooler
Thermaltake Versa H15 Mini Tower
ASRock B450M PRO4