[SOLVED] How to transfer files from HDD to SSD?

Jun 4, 2020
I have 3 folders on hdd that need to be moved to ssd: folder 'Windows', the processor driver folder and the video card driver folder. And I want to move these 3 folders to ssd, how can this be done?
Is it possible to drag these folders from hdd by copying to ssd and then delete these files to hdd? Will everything work?

Solution
"the processor driver folder and the video card driver folder. " ?

No...that will not work.
Assuming Windows (SSD) is the C drive and the HDD is the D drive...the Registry and whatever else uses data in those is looking at the D drive.

You'd need to actually reinstall those drivers, on the drive you want.

USAFRet

Titan
I have 3 folders on hdd that need to be moved to ssd: folder 'Windows', the processor driver folder and the video card driver folder. And I want to move these 3 folders to ssd, how can this be done?
Is it possible to drag these folders from hdd by copying to ssd and then delete these files to hdd? Will everything work?
You need to be very specific on what you're wanting to move from the HDD to the SSD.
What folders, what is in them, etc, etc.

USAFRet

Titan
"the processor driver folder and the video card driver folder. " ?

No...that will not work.
Assuming Windows (SSD) is the C drive and the HDD is the D drive...the Registry and whatever else uses data in those is looking at the D drive.

You'd need to actually reinstall those drivers, on the drive you want.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS