Question How to transfer Windows

FelixAFF

Reputable
May 15, 2019
So apparently i just found out that the windows 10 in my SSD is fake because i just upgraded to a new PC. But luckily i still have my old HDD in my PC and it has Windows 10 that is not fake.
How do i transfer the real Windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD?
If i boot from my HDD my PC will start so slow

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
This is very confusing, as it's not clear whether you've taken the SSD out of the old PC and placed it in another one.

Windows 10 digital licenses are tied directly to the motherboard of the machine. You cannot take the system drive out of one machine, and plonk it into another, even if the hardware is identical, and have Windows 10 be legally licensed on the machine into which the drive was transferred.

The exact same thing would happen if you move any sort of system drive from one box to another and just expect it to work and be legally licensed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So apparently i just found out that the windows 10 in my SSD is fake because i just upgraded to a new PC. But luckily i still have my old HDD in my PC and it has Windows 10 that is not fake.
How do i transfer the real Windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD?
If i boot from my HDD my PC will start so slow

have to agree with last statement, its not clear what you have done.
How did you find out ssd win 10 is fake?
is hdd in old PC still or new one?

moving any install from one pc to another is incorrect way to move license. If either win 10 was an upgrade from 7 or 8, you can take a few steps before hand to move license to new PC but you still need to clean install win 10 on it to make sure it works properly - new hardware will have different hardware to old, in most cases.

You can move license this way - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/