[SOLVED] How to transfer windows

MrDominik

Distinguished
May 1, 2014
So I have my PC since 2016 and I have windows on my SSD. I want to upgrade my CPU, motherboard and RAM so will I be able to use my windows on the new components if yes how?
I would like to use my windows but I would like to have a clean install without all the files I have right now on my SSD and hard disk. Do I need to clean my SSD and hard disk before upgrading or how does this work? (Forgot to say that I would still use my old SSD and hard disk but I would like them clean like Im building a new PC)
Sorry if my questions sound stupid, I've never done this, thanks in advice.

Solution
So I have my PC since 2016 and I have windows on my SSD. I want to upgrade my CPU, motherboard and RAM so will I be able to use my windows on the new components if yes how?
I would like to use my windows but I would like to have a clean install without all the files I have right now on my SSD and hard disk. Do I need to clean my SSD and hard disk before upgrading or how does this work? (Forgot to say that I would still use my old SSD and hard disk but I would like them clean like Im building a new PC)
This needs a full wipe and reinstall when it is in the new hardware...

USAFRet

Titan
This needs a full wipe and reinstall when it is in the new hardware.

Create a Win 10 USB to install with
Build the new system.
Have only the ONE drive connected.
Boot up from the WIn 10 USB and wipe and install.
Reconnect the other drives later, and wipe/delete/format as needed.

Also, the Win 10 license. Depending on where it came from originally, it may or may not be transferable to the new hardware (the motherboard).
For the OS activation, read and do this before you change any parts:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Solution