How to turn off NAT on a Linksys WRT300N?

MOAIS

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
I have a WRT300N Linksys Router and I have not been very happy with it's performance. I know it's old now, but the final straw was when I started to need UPNP and the router keeps turning it off. I can only get it to work for an hour or so at a time by rebooting the router. Then after some time my device tells me UPNP is not working again. I saw some articles about this and tried several fixes, and I am beyond caring whether it works with UPNP anymore. I bought a NetGear N600 to replace it and so far it is working great. I had a linksys WRT54G years ago and it was a workhorse, never had any issues and it is still working today at a friend's house. I have had several Linksys routers since and have had nothing but bad luck. So I am giving Netgear a try.

Anyway... Now I have the Netgear router working I want to use the linksys to extend my wireless network. I ran a cable to the other side of my house where the wireless signal was not so good and plugged the cable into a LAN port on the WRT300N router. I then disabled the the firewall settings and DHCP, etc. I turned off UPNP (Not that I needed to, but I figured it would start working since I don't need it now and cause issues) I also turned off NAT. But I have an app that is telling me that I have 2 devices doing NAT on my network and the app doesn't like it.

Any ideas how I can for SURE turn off NAT on the WRT300N router? I am getting ready to just go get another Netgear device and take the Linksys one out Office Space style... :) Hoping someone can help prevent a total loss.

Thanks, In advance