Question How to turn on the motherboard asrock z590 pro4?

Dec 4, 2022
I am building my first pc and everything is connected as expected. Now I should turn on the motherboard by pressing with a screwdriver (flat and star) the btn SW but I only see a btn pwr at the bottom right corner. Any help?

Ralston18

Titan
Why are you not using the case switch/power button?

If everything is connected "as expected" then all of the components should be assembled within the case.

Update your post to include more information about how you have assembled and configured the build?

Are you doing some sort of breadboard setup?

Dec 4, 2022
Because on the motherboard I only see the pwr btn , and it's within a 4 pin connector which have writte pled, holed and reset. (I can't attach pics). Instead, in the case I see the SW btn which has two pins instead of one, power led + and power led -, and a reset sw connector with 2 female pin

I still have the Mobo out because I am doing a pretest beforing putting everything in the case. the build has currently the M2 SSD, gpu connected via the hdmi to the desktop, the CPU and the fan on top of it, the ram

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Motherboard and case especially.

Do you have the User Guides/Manuals for motherboard and case?

Refer to the documentation regarding how to start/restart the system using the motherboard button or some "screwdriver' method.

Crossing the wrong pins or using the wrong cable/connectors could end badly.

All the more so if the current pretest connections are not working and some attempted fix fails as well.