How to undo AI Suite 3 CPU OC?

junsherp54

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
So when I first got my computer, I installed AI Suite 3 and did the CPU overclocking there, later on realizing that was a mistake. I have a 4790 and it's been at 4ghz for a while but I just want it back to the normal base 3.6ghz. I've tried uninstalling AI Suite 3, going into my BIOS and loading default optimized settings, disabling any setting within the BIOS under "AI Tweaker" thats related to touching the base ratio/clock of the CPU. I have no idea where else to look for or what to do, nothing else in the BIOS I've found looks like it'll turn it back to normal CPU clocks and after many reboots and tinkering with BIOS settings it's still at 4ghz. What should I do guys?

Solution
i have an intel 6700k and the stock base clock is 4.0ghz/4.2ghz turbo and my 6700k at stock settings (default settings) runs at 4.2ghz all the time. you can turn turbo off in the bios. and i would uninstall asus ai suite if i were you. i wouldnt reccomend installing any of the asus software.

Skipping-Bear

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
i have an intel 6700k and the stock base clock is 4.0ghz/4.2ghz turbo and my 6700k at stock settings (default settings) runs at 4.2ghz all the time. you can turn turbo off in the bios. and i would uninstall asus ai suite if i were you. i wouldnt reccomend installing any of the asus software.

Solution

junsherp54

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017

But is it fine if it's at that frequency all the time, even at idle? I just thought boost frequencies kick in when it's under load and such.