Question How to upgrade BIOS on dh61ww?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genericone

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017
It seems Intel discontinued their BIOS support for my dh61ww mobo in November 2019. I just bought i7-3770k and i need a BIOS update. What are my options?

Aug 29, 2020
Hi i've recently updated it...today is 29 aug 2020

I've bought a nvidia geforce gtx 16060 super so it was mandatory to update the bios to make it work:

1) you have to make three updates to these versions:
-0116 (or 0120 as I read this one have some issues)

2) the first update must be done using a bootable usb with the flash tool...it works with any problem at this point you have version 0048

3) the second update is a mess with the same flash tool and the bootable usb the bios will update to 0099 but the OS won't start so you have to do this as I read in this treath https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-dh61ww-not-working-after-099-bios-update.3416282/ and it works for me too:
  1. Disconnect the PC from the electric current
  2. Remove the BIOS battery and the reset jumper
  3. Leave 20 minutes to download capacitors
  4. Copy the file ver116 to a USB Memory Stick (the pen should contain only the file)
  5. Insert the battery and leave without the jumper (BIOS recovery mode)
  6. Plug in the power and with the USB Memory Stick, turn on the PC
  7. The computer will automatically load the new BIOS, then it will ask you to turn off the PC, disconnect the power and put the jumper back on.
Problem solved, the equipment starts and bounces normally.

After all this steps my nvidia geforce works totally normal mi old mainboard still working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.