How to use 2 internet connections

G

Hello,
my neibour has kindly said i can use her internet connection. she has a wireless router. i have my own internet, but need more speed. can i use both internet connections by connecting my router to hers wirelessly?

G

im using 2 routers cos my talktalk router only has 1 lan so i managed to use my old homehub 2 for extra lan ports, both are wireless. is it still impossible? if so, is it possible to connect either of my routers to hers wirelessly in order for me to use her connection when i reach my download limit?

Thankyou for the quick response.

First of all one of the two routers needs to be able to run in Bridge mode or needs to be able to upgrade to DD-WRT firmware to add this option.

www.dd-wrt.com

second you can only use one connection at a time and will have to manually have to tell the computer which on to use

G

i think the home hub 2.0 can run in bridge mode, so how would i go about connecting it to her router? Thanks again Emerald

in theory:

set your router to bridge mode
set the SSID to the same name
use the same channel
use the same wireless mode (WEP,WAP, or WAP2)
use the same wireless password

for the correct order of steps you will need to consult you manual. The order of steps differs from router to router.

Guurzak

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
You actually can loadbalance across multiple internet connections at the same time, but you're not going to do it with a Best Buy home router. You need a real router like Cisco/Juniper/Adtran, or a PC set up with Vyatta or similar router software.