How to use ethernet for my killer e2200 high speed?

emtasty123

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
It's in the back of my MOBO from MSI and since my wireless isn't working, I'm switching to wired. Can someone give me a good cheap Ethernet cable (With a good speed) and an Ethernet hub (since there isn't any Ethernet port in the basement), all with the total price of 20 or under? Thank you.

Solution

If there is no Ethernet port in the basement, how you are going to connect to the router at the house? Can you run a cable between the router and the basement?

If Wireless is your only choice, you will need either a Wireless Bridge (most modern routers can work in that mode), or pair of PowerLine adapters.
You want a small switch and not a hub but how do you expect this to work.

You can hook your PC to the switch but then how does that get connected to anything. You need a ethernet port/cable that goes back to the router in your house that provides internet connectivity.

emtasty123

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
Oh God, my desktop is downstairs and the router upstairs. My Mother wont let me move the desktop for unknown reasons. (Alas at 13 years of age, your mom doesn't make sense. My dad is fine however.

If there is no Ethernet port in the basement, how you are going to connect to the router at the house? Can you run a cable between the router and the basement?

If Wireless is your only choice, you will need either a Wireless Bridge (most modern routers can work in that mode), or pair of PowerLine adapters.

Solution