Question how to use full internet speed when downloading

Dec 23, 2021
whenever i download a small file say an update for a game my computer only uses fractions of my internet speed sometimes just kilobytes making downloads take forever, this does not happen with large files how if possible can i fix this?

kanewolf

Titan
whenever i download a small file say an update for a game my computer only uses fractions of my internet speed sometimes just kilobytes making downloads take forever, this does not happen with large files how if possible can i fix this?
It may just be Windows incorrectly reporting network speed. If it is a small file and you have high ISP speed, there might be time with no traffic in the time Windows uses to calculate performance info. It could be the server end limiting performance for small files to allow large files to have priority.

Dec 23, 2021
It may just be Windows incorrectly reporting network speed. If it is a small file and you have high ISP speed, there might be time with no traffic in the time Windows uses to calculate performance info. It could be the server end limiting performance for small files to allow large files to have priority.
ok so is there any way to fix?

Dec 23, 2021
You can only "fix" that which is broken.
Here, there seems to be nothing broken.

"My car has a top speed of 130MPH. But in my short driveway, I can only get to 6MPH. How can I fix this?"
i know my internet is bad mostly because i have a disease called being Australian, but its not the fact it cant get to speed, its more the fact i spend an hour downloading a 2 gig update at 300kbs the whole way through

Dec 23, 2021
Downloading what, from where?

It probably is a condition of what they are able to send you.

And what is the tested overall speed you get from your ISP?
I get ~20 down ~5 up yes that's what aus internet is like
i understand my dog balls internet is the reason why i just dont know why i cant use it all all the time

Dec 23, 2021
You are at the mercy of the server at the other end.

If your speedtest results are in line with what you're paying the ISP for, any 'download speed' is out of your control.
o well thanks for trying to help! ( also im payng for 40 mbps down 10 up but in aus its not illegal to lie about internet speed)

TRENDING THREADS