Question Refresh Rate problems

Feb 13, 2019
I recently got an MSI Optix Mag 144hz 1ms monitor. When I’m on 1920x1080 it’s 144hz but if I want to play stretched it goes down to 120hz. I have it set to 144hz in my amd custom resolutions list. Anyone know what’s going on?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
what do you mean play stretched?
using odd resolution in game or using odd resolution directly in the Windows or GPU control panel settings?

If adjusting resolution at a desktop level, then you may run into issues with odd resolutions as the hardware of the monitor isn't initially designed for them and it may not support all resolutions at the same refresh rates.
To see what refresh rates are available for each resolution, you can right click the dekstop and go to display settings, then scroll down and go to advanced display settings.
Then underneath the info for your display click the text that says "Display adapter properties for display".
From here in this new window that pops up, click on "list all modes" at the bottom. You can then see all the resolutions supported and at what refresh rates and what color modes.