How to use the iGPU on a specific monitor

toutougroup96

Commendable
Oct 31, 2017
Greetings,
I got a laptop with a dedicated Nvidia GTX GPU aside from the iGPU that the Intel CPU provides
I got an external monitor and I wonder how can I use the dedicated GPU to render pixels completely for the external GPU while making the iGPU renders the pixels for the laptop monitor, I want pure gaming performance for my huge external monitor while keeping the other monitor on to have an eye on the notifications ( my GF lol )

I also have some crazy questions like how to use external mouse/keyboard for the external monitor and use the laptop's keyboard/touchpad for its monitor...
And thanks!

Solution
That's not really how it works. Unless you have an Alienware laptop all the pixel data still goes through the iGPU. However, you already have control over which apps use which GPU under Nvidia control panel.

GPU%20Select.png

That said, what you are concerned about isn't really a performance issue. The laptop is already using the Discrete GPU for games on the monitor and the iGPU on the laptop for discord or youtube.

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
That's not really how it works. Unless you have an Alienware laptop all the pixel data still goes through the iGPU. However, you already have control over which apps use which GPU under Nvidia control panel.

GPU%20Select.png

That said, what you are concerned about isn't really a performance issue. The laptop is already using the Discrete GPU for games on the monitor and the iGPU on the laptop for discord or youtube.

Solution