How to use two wifi adapters as a repeater

Gregory6

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015
Howdy folks

So my situation is as such:

I have a wifi connection that mty pc picks up perfectly, however in the rest of my room i have little to no wifi signal at all. Very annoying when trying to use my phone and other wifi-capable devices.

So i have two usb wifi adapters and a wifi PCI card, one usb is being used to give net access to my pc. I want to use the other usb or the pci card as an access point, to extend the range of wifi for my other devices.

So far ive had no luck with my own research as to how to do it, theres a lot out there about repeating from a cabled connection to wifi but this wont suit me.

I thought of maybe connecting a second pc to the wifi and then bridging the connection through a cable connected to my pc, and then using my second wifi adapter as the AP but this just seems liek a lot of work for something so simple, and would just add too many extra hops and slow down my connection.

If anyone can help id greatly appreciate it.

Gregory6

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015

I wanted a line to my room but its physically impossible without drilling holes through the concrete ceiling and thats not an option. I guess ill just have to shell out for an extender unit