Question How to use WinDbg Preview?

Jun 28, 2022
Hello friends, how can I learn to use this program? The man can even learn the model of the motherboard from the program. So I'm trying to google the error codes and find out the problem. There is also an alternative BlueScreenView-X64 program. Here you can learn the error code. However, WinDbg gives more information. How can I learn this program? I looked at the guide here. But how about being able to learn in more detail? Also, does this program work for the definitive solution or does it offer my solution options? Because even on the Microsoft site, the mods there can't solve it completely even though they look at the minidump files. They just offer solutions.

Ralston18

Titan
First, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Second, describe the problem that the system is having? Provide as much specific detail as you can. Error codes for example. (Error codes may or may not be truly helpful.)

Third, look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, and even informational events related to the problem being encountered. Post accordingly.

And as for Microsoft offering solutions - what did Microsoft suggest? Did you try those solutions or have good reasons for not doing so?

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine.

What are the problems? Or if not a direct problem what are you trying to do?

What is or is not working as expected or required? Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

The codes may or may not prove helpful. One code may be the result of any number of problems.

Sort of like a "Check Engine" light in an automobile.

More information needed.

Jun 28, 2022
My goal is to learn this program in detail.My aim is to learn this program in detail. There is no problem on my computer. I just want to learn this program in detail.

Ralston18

Titan
Then just keep working with the program. Install updates to current versions. Install newer versions.

Set up known scenarios to determine if the program results match what you expect.

If not, then work out what may have gone astray.

Read every bit of WinDbg documentation that you can find. Especially any and all documentation on the manufacturer's website.

Watch online videos but be critical. There are all too many junk videos online.

Look for related/relevant forums. Keep notes. Document what you learn.

Stay informed about comparable or similar software products. Do not get too narrow minded about it all.