How to waste as much internet data as possible without wasting electricity

ducamvinh

Prominent
May 27, 2018
This is going to be a really stupid question and pointless thing to do, but it seems fun to me so i'll try. Recently i just upgraded my internet bandwidth and ended up spending more per month. So i want to maximize the worth of the money i spend by wasting as much data as possible. In my country there's no data cap so no worries there. I'm running 2 4K youtube videos every night just to waste data, but that also waste electricity. So is there any way to do that while i can save on the electricity.

Solution
So is there any way to do that while i can save on the electricity.

No.
And you're "wasting" electricity on both ends and in the middle.
The server hosting that data works harder, all routers and devices in the middle work harder, and your PC works harder.
Thank you for contributing to global warming for a really, really stupid reason.

Why do you feel you need to do this?
Having it available does not mean you have to use it.

My 75/75 connection is also 'uncapped'. No monthly bandwidth cap.
I feel no need to continually "download" things just because it is there.
The philosophy is, often times when u take an action to spike, to hold a grudge, to punish, it turns out it costs you something, it affects you back negatively in some ways. All in all, silly and time wasting.

If u have so much bandwidth, run something like like Seti-at-Home. Run an informational website to assist veterans blah-blah. Have u not heard the planet has limited resources?

USAFRet

Titan
So is there any way to do that while i can save on the electricity.

No.
And you're "wasting" electricity on both ends and in the middle.
The server hosting that data works harder, all routers and devices in the middle work harder, and your PC works harder.
Thank you for contributing to global warming for a really, really stupid reason.

Why do you feel you need to do this?
Having it available does not mean you have to use it.

My 75/75 connection is also 'uncapped'. No monthly bandwidth cap.
I feel no need to continually "download" things just because it is there.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You can use some of the extra bandwidth to research professional counseling in your area.

Feb 28, 2019
there's no stupidy in that, a plan data in ukraine gives u every month, 20gb plus the internet you spent in the last month, we're renting a house that also contains a wifi, so i rarelly use 4g, and by spending all the 20gb they give you, next month you get 40, and by spending all the 40, the next month you get 60, and now i arrived at 80 gb accumulating, but with the wifi, i rarrelly use 4g, but i also have to spend it all to get more the next month so :))