How to Watch Own Stream In Steam Broadcasting?

JoeMama808

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
I've recently signed up for Steam Broadcasting, and I just wanted to know how I can watch myself. I don't know what the stream looks like with the current bit-rate or whether or not it's even working, so how do you know it's working?

Solution
have a 2nd monitor and move the steam client over to it.
also, you'll have to press shift + tab and click settings on the bottom to setup your steam broadcasting settings (you probably can't watch your own stream unless you set it to anyone, because you aren't friends with yourself)

If you alt tab the stream will close, but if you run in windowed mode it will stay open.

After you start broadcasting, if you shift tab there will be a new Watch button that will let you see your own broadcast (it just opens a steam web browser) but only while you're shift tabbed.

UifnYgH.png

pC4VoGv.jpg
have a 2nd monitor and move the steam client over to it.
also, you'll have to press shift + tab and click settings on the bottom to setup your steam broadcasting settings (you probably can't watch your own stream unless you set it to anyone, because you aren't friends with yourself)

If you alt tab the stream will close, but if you run in windowed mode it will stay open.

After you start broadcasting, if you shift tab there will be a new Watch button that will let you see your own broadcast (it just opens a steam web browser) but only while you're shift tabbed.

UifnYgH.png

pC4VoGv.jpg

Solution