[SOLVED] How to wipe SSD

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
I'm wanting to wipe my old SSD (doesn't have current operating system on it) completely clean. I'm going to use it to do a clean install of Windows 10. Do I just need to select on files and delete them into my recycle bin or do I need to use some sort of software to erase everything?

Solution
I'm wanting to wipe my old SSD (doesn't have current operating system on it) completely clean. I'm going to use it to do a clean install of Windows 10. Do I just need to select on files and delete them into my recycle bin or do I need to use some sort of software to erase everything?
If it is going to remain in your use, you just need to delete all partitions during the new OS install.
No special 'wiping' needed.

USAFRet

Titan
If it is going to remain in your use, you just need to delete all partitions during the new OS install.

Solution

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014

So If I leave all current files on that SSD (there is only 3gb available) and boot with my Windows Media Tool on my USB flash drive and reinstall the OS (Im switching from Intel to AMD) it will wipe everything on that SSD and also install Win10?

USAFRet

Titan
Read through that link.
You don't boot from the MediaCreation tool...that is what is used to 'create' your bootable USB.

Section II, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting all the existing partitions on the drive, and continuing with a completely blank drive.

TRENDING THREADS