how to..

Joe

how would I accomplish the following with a GPO

Prevent user from seeing hidden folders
Remove Power management setting so everything is set to never (ie Turn off
monitor, Standby etc.)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:56:57 -0500, "Joe" <me@me.com> wrote:

>how would I accomplish the following with a GPO
>
>Prevent user from seeing hidden folders
>Remove Power management setting so everything is set to never (ie Turn off
>monitor, Standby etc.)

See tips 8532 and 4526 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

8532 » Using Administrative Template Files with Registry-Based Group Policy.
4526 » How do I set the 'hide' options of the View menu via the registry?

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Joe

Jerold, If I role out this reg setting with a group policy it wont prevent
the user from changing it or will it, I want to remove it a disable it so
user cant change it