Question How will a 120MM AIO Liquid Cooler perform?

Apr 26, 2019
I have Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz, and i wanted to ask if an AIO Liquid cooler will help (120MM)? Around how much will the temps be while im playing games and will it be heated up after like 4-6 Hrs of gaming

Hi Lukakiller :)

Yes it will help keep temperatures in check if CPU is kept at default frequency or a minor Overclock for extended periods. As there are many system configurations, the MAX Overclock also depends on case airflow and fan configuration.
The Wraith Spire Air cooler is sufficient for default Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz CPU frequency.
Ideal temps are 10-15C above ambient and 65-70C under load.

I have Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz, and i wanted to ask if an AIO Liquid cooler will help (120MM)? Around how much will the temps be while im playing games and will it be heated up after like 4-6 Hrs of gaming

I built a ryzen 5 1600 for my nephew. I used a cooler master liquid master lite 240 to cool it.

With auto overclock it hit 3.8GHz and stayed below 80. With some tweeks i got it to run 3.9GHz and at 83C. This was running prime95 for 30 minutes each round. I used a well vented phanteks case with a 140mm up top that i added and one 120mm at the rear. Plus the two 120mm up feont on the rad. I mated it with a 580 red devil. It wasnt loud at all under full load.

Generally speaking you should have no issues with 3.8GHz

Btw: if you are worried about heat soak, mate the radiator on the front of the case pulling air in. That way you arent dumping motherboard/gpu heat into the radiator.

if you front mount i would put a side window fan blowing across video card if you can to help it get fresh air.

Fans out should equal fans in. More fans might not be cost effective cooling wise. That said more fans can mean less noise when idle. As fans ramp up cfm their noise level exponentially grows. So two fans pushing 50 cfm each will be quieter than 1 fan pushing 100 cfm.

What is your case?
What is your fan arrangement?
Any cooler, air or aio needs sufficient fresh air intake to do the required job.
In general, a aio is no better for cooling.
A 120mm radiator has about the same heat exchange capability as a tower cooler with a 120mm fan like the hyper212.

The stock ryzen cooler should be fine.
Since you are already running, what are your temperatures at idle and under load?
If your idle temperatures are in the 10-15c. over ambient, you are ok there.
If your load temperatures are 70c. you are ok there.
Throttle point for ryzen is 85c.

Apr 26, 2019
Okay, Thanks everyone for your help, I dont really wanna get low temps, its about the noise and the coolness of the RGB so yea.. :') And wanted to see if 120MM is enough.. Thanks again!