Build Advice hows my build look?

cheapdoggo

Honorable
Jun 29, 2019
planning on scoring a decent graphics card off of ebay, something comparable to the one in the list, but for 400 or less. any suggestions on how to improve my build?

update 7/7/20224 -
just changed the list a little bit. swapped out the cpu for a i7-12700k, and a 150 dollar board with onboard wifi. still looking for thoughts, and the graphics card selected is likely not going to stay, im going to try and get a good deal on any card because i can just throw it in whenever

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cheapdoggo/saved/PfgfmG

Last edited:

cheapdoggo

Honorable
Jun 29, 2019
Perhaps start with some parts?
J/K

A parts list would help. As for the E-Bay graphics card, check the seller's history and reviews.

-Wolf sends
my bad lol i completely forgot it here you go
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cheapdoggo/saved/PfgfmG

yeah, ive been selling stuff on ebay for a little while so i understand it pretty well, if the seller screws me over with the card and it doesnt work i can just send it back and get a full refund, ebay always sides with the buyer even if theyre sending it back for no reason.

Wolfshadw

Titan
What is the intended purpose for this system? Not sure that an Intel Core I9 is required for anything other that heavy computations.
As noted, there is a possible issue with the CPU and the motherboard BIOS version. Non-updated won't support the I9-11900K.
Is there a reason for the $300 ASUS board? What does it give you that a $150 board doesn't?
Personal preference here. I prefer my OS and programs on one SSD and all my data on a secondary drive. I'd recommend two drives (again that's just me).
If E-Bay is your thing, go for it, but I can get a new RTX 4060Ti from a reputable company for about the same price.
Gigabyte isn't on "MY" list of preferred PSU providers. I'd probably recommend something quality from Seasonic or BeQuiet.

I would personally transfer funds from your CPU and Motherboard to the power supply.

That's just my take on your build. Aside from the possible BIOS issue, I don't see any glaring errors.

-Wolf sends

cheapdoggo

Honorable
Jun 29, 2019
What is the intended purpose for this system? Not sure that an Intel Core I9 is required for anything other that heavy computations.
As noted, there is a possible issue with the CPU and the motherboard BIOS version. Non-updated won't support the I9-11900K.
Is there a reason for the $300 ASUS board? What does it give you that a $150 board doesn't?
Personal preference here. I prefer my OS and programs on one SSD and all my data on a secondary drive. I'd recommend two drives (again that's just me).
If E-Bay is your thing, go for it, but I can get a new RTX 4060Ti from a reputable company for about the same price.
Gigabyte isn't on "MY" list of preferred PSU providers. I'd probably recommend something quality from Seasonic or BeQuiet.

I would personally transfer funds from your CPU and Motherboard to the power supply.

That's just my take on your build. Aside from the possible BIOS issue, I don't see any glaring errors.

-Wolf sends
thank you for your response. i wasnt able to find a cheaper board compatiable with the i9, and the pc is just going to be used for games. i found a good deal for an i9 so ill probably stick with that becasue i can get it about 100 bucks off. could you recommend me a couple cheaper boards? pcpartpicker wasnt very helpful when it came to finding a board compatiable with it. also i figure i can just update the bios if needed, it seems like a pretty straightforward process. ill look into getting a better brand of power supply, i tend to lean towards corsair products myself.

thank you for your response. i wasnt able to find a cheaper board compatiable with the i9, and the pc is just going to be used for games. i found a good deal for an i9 so ill probably stick with that becasue i can get it about 100 bucks off. could you recommend me a couple cheaper boards? pcpartpicker wasnt very helpful when it came to finding a board compatiable with it. also i figure i can just update the bios if needed, it seems like a pretty straightforward process. ill look into getting a better brand of power supply, i tend to lean towards corsair products myself.
What country are you purchasing the parts from?

https://www.phanteks.store/products...airflow-wood-texture-front-panel-design-white

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($193.50 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: *Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE WHITE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($35.91 @ Newegg Sellers)
Motherboard: *MSI PRO B650-S WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($143.44 @ Amazon)
Memory: *Silicon Power XPOWER Zenith Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($92.97 @ B&H)
Storage: *Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($102.97 @ B&H)
Video Card: *Asus DUAL OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Case: *MagniumGear Neo Air 2 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: *NZXT C750 (2022) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1188.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-07-06 20:46 EDT-0400

Reactions: helper800